Passports and Travel with Children

Under Australian law, children cannot be included in an adult’s passport. All children travelling overseas, including newborn infants, must have their own passport. You can find out more about passports by visiting the Australian Passports Office

If there is no agreement to travel overseas between both parents then it may become necessary to make an application for a passport or to allow the children to travel overseas.  If one parent objects to travel overseas and passports have already issued then that parent may apply to court to prevent the travel and to also prevent that travel by contacting the Australian Federal Police.

Our lawyers at FLMS can give you more advice so why not get experienced legal advice by contacting us to arrange an appointment.

This is general information only and is not legal advice. You should obtain specific legal advice regarding your specific circumstances. © Family Lawyers & Mediation Services. All rights reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.