The FLMS Online Property Settlement Process
You can resolve your property settlement through a completely online process with all information and communication taking place without needing to leave your home.
Our experienced family dispute resolution practitioner Randal Binnie, (also Nationally Accredited Mediator and Family Law Specialist) uses on online information gathering system to obtain all necessary financial information and documents necessary to allow both parties to the mediation to then meet online (Zoom) and work towards resolution of the distribution of assets and other issues following separation.
Benefits of Resolving Property Issues Online
- Information is gathered remotely, limiting stress and time spent
- The parties don’t have to consult anyone to provide the required information (except the mediator at times)
- The Mediator works with both parties together and separately in the negotiation process
- Both parties will be able to see the impact of the proposals they put forward in conference with the mediator
- Any agreement can be signed remotely
- In appropriate circumstances Consent Orders and/or financial agreements can be drafted (the latter will require independent lawyers to provide advice.
The Process Steps
- First, intake sessions by Zoom/telephone with each of the parties.
- Second, if mediation is agreed to proceed, mediation agreements are signed electronically.
- Third, information is gathered at your own pace by completion of an online information gathering process.
- Once information is gathered mediation sessions can be commenced. Upon finalisation the outcome can be documented by a heads of agreement document or by consent orders or a financial agreement. You may or may not need lawyers to document your agreement.
The process is conducted with or without your lawyers involvement but you will need to have legal advice before the mediation process and at other points in time. The benefit of the mediation process without the engagement of your lawyers in the process is that the costs of the mediation will be greatly reduced. Where the parties wish to engage their lawyers in the FLMS Online Property Settlement Process they can be involved from the beginning, assisting the mediatior to gather information and documents required to assist you in finalising your property settlement
Resolution may be achieved within weeks rather than months or years through litigation/court processes. Flexible to suit your needs with meetings varying from a number of meetings of say two hours or more or over a single day.
DON’T GO TO COURT – MEDIATE
A short video explaining the process will be posted here soon. In the meantime make an enquiry and start your journey to a respectful resolution of your property matters.