Common Sense Divorce


I won’t see you in Court! There are better ways to resolve family law disputes. Find out how.

It makes sense doesn’t it. Importantly this will limit the possibility of unnecessary litigation! You may both have similar thoughts about how your divorce should proceed and the outcomes both with respect to children and property issues or you may be poles apart.  Our mediator can tell you (because he is an experienced and accredited family law specialist):

  • Find out what the Family Law Act says about how arrangements for children should be resolved.  Learn about family mediation as an alternative to family court litigation.
  • Find out what the Family Law Act says about determining how property should be divided between couples.
  • Find out about how child support is calculated under the Child Support Act and what you can do privately.

Contact FLMS and make an appointment.  We are flexible in our approach to initial appointments and can speak with you by telephone, online video conferencing and of course in person at our offices at Springwood, Helensvale, Varsity Lakes, Eight Mile Plains Brisbane and Murrarie Brisbane.

Get the information you need from an impartial family law mediator. You decide how to move forward to resolve your family law issues. This may be by:

  • Continuation of mediation with our mediator and family dispute resolution practitioner;
  • Entry into a Collaborative Law process where the mediator will advance matters by acting as the collaborative lawyer for one of you and will put your partner in contact with an experienced collaborative family lawyer.
  • Referral to other experienced family lawyers for other processes such as “round table negotiation” or if necessary litigation if mediation or collaborative law are not suitable because of your particular circumstances.
  • Even if you both retain other lawyers our mediator can remain in the process, acting as an impartial guide ensuring that you have the best possible outcomes without proceeding to litigation. Of course you would both need to agree to keep the mediator involved.