As a notary public in Australia, we cannot verify educational documents that have been issued by educational institutions in other countries. This means that if your documents have not been issued by an educational institution in Australia, you will need to approach a notary public in the same country as that institution (New Zealand in your case). Only notary publics in that country can notarise your educational documents issued in that country. Presumably this will also mean that you must follow the same authentication or apostille process that exists in that country – however you should consult a notary public in that country.